The Appalachian State University campus is currently operating under normal conditions.
Use the following resources for more information on safety best practices.
- American Biological Safety Association (ABSA)
- Biosafety Resources on the Net
- Michigan State University (ORCBS) Biological Safety Pages
- American Chemical Society
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- Chemical Emergency Preparedness and Prevention Office (CEPPO)
- Michigan State University (ORCBS) Chemical Safety Pages
- Appalachian State University MSDSs
- MSDS Solutions
- Vermont SIRI - One of the most complete MSDS collections on the web. You may be able to find your product more quickly if you know the CAS (Chemical Abstract Service) number or NSN (National Stock Number). All pure chemicals and many mixtures have been assigned CAS numbers; all MSDS must include the CAS number if there is one available.
- MSDS-Search - Connects you to MSDS websites of many manufacturers (some sites don't have the actual MSDSs but allow you to request an MSDS via email, which is handy).
- MSDS-Search - Allows you to quickly search several MSDS databases on the web, including the "Vermont SIRI" site.
- New Jersey Right to Know - Easy-to-read "plain English" descriptions of common chemicals and chemical products.
- University of Kentucky - No MSDSs but many links to other websites. Also offers a nice glossary of MSDS terms.
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Laboratory chemicals only. Very readable.
- LEPC/SERC Home Page
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- North Carolina Department of Insurance
- North Carolina Department of Labor
- N.C. Workplace Requirements
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Department of Transportation
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Food and Drug Adminstration (FDA)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
Indoor Air Quality
- Health Physics Society
- Michigan State University (ORCBS) Radiation Safety Page
- National Council on Radiation Protection
- National Superconducting Cyclotron Lab (Michigan State University)
- University of Michigan Radiation Protection
- University of Missouri - American Nuclear Society
- Radiology Technician Schools – Radiation Guide for Kids (A big EHS&EM thanks to our friends, the young scholars at Woodford Junior School, Plympton, Plymouth, UK for contributing this great link!)
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- International Standards Organization